Prayerful Congratulations to the members of our 1st Eucharist Class:
Jack Borino ~ Alexandra Delayo ~ Kylie Landi
Dannica Lee ~ Jenna Lehman ~ Brady Sherman
Prayerful Gratitude to their dedicated, inspiring Catechists: Mary & Marty Gabel; Program Co-Ordinator: Rachel Kester assisted by Toni Shrawder; Music Director: Jill Antall
Prayerful Sympathy is extended to the families of Joseph McKeown, father of our parish family member, Patricia Niznik and Ruth Rosick, mother of our parish family member, John Rosick. Please remember Joseph and Ruth in prayer, along with their family and friends, during this difficult time of loss, pain and adjustment.
Prayerful Wedding Congrats to Stephanie Rambus & Brian Gill who were joined in Marriage last weekend. May the love they have for each other be but a glimpse of the depth and breadth of the love God has for them.
Holy Day of Obligation: Feast of the Ascension – this Thursday, May 10th. Vigil Mass will be on Wednesday, May 9th at 5:30PM. Masses on Ascension Thursday, May 10th will be at 7AM & 9AM.
Mark the Date: Bazaar Meeting on Tuesday, May 15th at 6:30PM in the Church Hall.
Parish Logo T-Shirts and Polo Shirts – On display in our vestibule this weekend are samples of our parish logo t-shirts and polo shirts in royal blue which help to support the efforts of our Social Concerns Committee. Orders and payment are due by May 20th and can be placed in the collection basket in an envelope marked “T-Shirts” or sent to the office. For more information, please call Judy at 570-430-9804 or Barbara at 570-779-4176. Deepest Prayerful Gratitude to all who make this possible.
May – the month of Mary
- May is the month of our Blessed Mother. Begin new or practice old traditions of honoring Mary. Crown an indoor/outdoor statue of Mary with flowers or herbs, place candles or flowers at a picture of her. Read and pray over scriptural accounts of Mary’s Annunciation, Visitation and role in Jesus’ Passion. May, the beauty of nature, the beauty of Mary.
- Please return your Mother’s Day Mass Intention envelopes by Thursday so they may be placed on the altar. These intentions will be prayed for at Sunday’s Mother’s Day Masses, as well as designated Masses throughout the month of May.
- There will be a special blessing of Mothers during all Masses next weekend.
- Next weekend – Mother’s Day weekend, we will once again support the efforts for the Pro-Life Center in defending human life by participating in their Annual Carnation Drive. All proceeds will aid mothers and babies. If you wish to leave a memorial to your Mother, vases will be placed near the Blessed Mother statue.
- Next Sunday, after the 10:15AM Mass, we will have May Crowning. Children from our parish family are welcome to take part in this beautiful tradition of honoring our Blessed Mother. Please see Faith Formation News below.
Faith Formation / Ministry News
- Classes will not be held today, May 6th, due to 1st Communion.
- Next Sunday, May 13th, the Faith Formation Classes will be held in conjunction with the 10:15AM Mass and the May Crowning ceremony. All students are required to attend this Mass.
- The May Queen, members of her court, members of the 1st Communion Class and anyone interested in participating in the May Crowning must attend practice on Wednesday, May 9th from 6:30 to 8PM and Saturday, May 12th from 11AM to 12:30PM in the church. May Crowning will take place at the conclusion of the 10:15AM Mass on Sunday, May 13th. Those participating should gather in the church hall by 9:30AM.
- Deepest Prayerful Gratitude to our Confirmation Class, Lucy Singer, their Catechist, and Rachel Kester, Faith Formation Director and all who participated & helped make our Family Movie Night a splendid success! Double Thumbs Up!
Baptismal Instruction – The next class will be held on Monday, May 7th at 7PM in the church hall. If you are expecting or recently had a baby, please call the rectory office to register for this class.
New Ministry Schedule: we will begin working on the new schedule for June/July. If there is a particular weekend, you do not wish to be scheduled, please contact the rectory office by May 9th.
Meeting for Pastoral Council Members on Thursday, May 17th at 6:30PM in our Church Hall with Mary Anne Malone, our Diocesan Facilitator.
Prayer Shawl Meeting and Work Session will be held on Tuesday, May 8th at 6PM in the church hall. All are invited and welcome to join our ministry. If someone you know needs a prayer shawl please contact the rectory. Your help is needed: 30 Afghans have been made for this year’s bazaar, 20 more are still needed. If you aren’t able to attend a meeting, but want to donate a lap robe, shawl or afghan, please contact the rectory office. Thanks!
If you aren’t able to make an afghan, monetary donations are most welcome and appreciated. They can be made via collection basket (place in an envelope marked “Yarn/Afghans”) or sent to the rectory office. Thank You for helping us to help others.
Pierogie Making for our Bazzar begins Monday, May 14th and continues each Monday (except Memorial Day, May 28th) thru July 23rd. Please mark your calendars and plan to join the fun of our Pierogie Pinching Parties from 8AM onward. No experience necessary! Pierogie Prep starts at 7:30AM each Sunday before a Pierogie Monday. Volunteers for Sunday & Monday are most welcome & appreciated!
Help Needed to transport pierogies to our Park Freezers for an hour each Pierogie Monday Evenings. Please call the rectory if you are able to help.
“Treasures” may be brought to our church hall Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 8AM to 12Noon beginning Monday, May 14th. Look for items around your home that are no longer used or wanted, but still serviceable. Please remember, we are unable to accept clothing, encyclopedias, stuffed animals, or TVs.
Catholic Communication Campaign
Next week, our second collection is for the Catholic Communication Campaign. This campaign connects people with Christ, here and around the world in developing countries, through the internet, television, radio, and print media. And fifty percent of funds collected remain in our diocese to fund local communications efforts. Your support helps spread the gospel message! To learn more, visit www.usccb.org/ccc. Envelopes are in our church vestibule to assist with your donations. Thank You!
Capital Campaign Payments are due. Please place payment in an envelope marked “Capital Campaign” and drop in the collection basket or send to the rectory. Thank you!
Catholic Home Missions Appeal – Thank your for your generous support of last week’s Catholic Home Missions Appeal. Your contributions of $498.27 will help strengthen the church at home and ensure that the Gospel is spread across the United States.